Odra Trail – Włostowic boulevard 
Near Ostrów Tumski, the main riverbed of Odra splits to Southern and Northern Odras. The arms of the river surround eastern group of Odra islands. One of them is Piadek Island – already in the early Middle Ages it was a part on the main trade route of Europe, connecting the Mediterranean countries with Baltic Sea. The island was directly in front of Piaskowa Gate, leading into the city from the north.
Odra boulevard was named after Piotr Włostowic, magnate, owner of Piasek Island, who in the twelfth century brought Augustinians from France, gave them the island and founded a monastery. Prussian state started secularization taking over monastery estates and in 1810 the walls of the monastery became a refuge for the most valuable collections of the University Library.
During the siege of Wrocław in 1945, the headquarters of the Festung Breslau command were transferred to Piasek Island, which ultimately led to Soviet army bombing the island. Many buildings located on Piasek Island were destroyed and a large part of antique books collection belonging to the University burned.
In 1997, the island experienced another tragedy – the element it struggled with this time was great water. On the 12th/13th July night, the city became a witness of mass action of Wrocław citizens who were strengthening the shore with sandbags, saving from the flood wave medieval churches of Ostrów Tumski and Piasek Islands, and antique books in the University Library.
On the Boulevard of Piotr Włostowic currently operate several harbours. The postwar history of passenger sailing in Wrocław began in 1947. Initially, sailing on the river were former German tourist steamboats which were retrieved from the riverbed. At the turn of the 50s and 60s added were ships produced by Polish shipyards. Some of them, such as Goplana, Rusałka and Nereida, are sailing on Odra up to date.
In 2016, on the initiative of the foundation OnWater.pl, on the shore was unveiled the Monument of Odra – a granite rock with engraving presenting course of Wrocław Water Junction.
- Stopień wodny Opatowice, Śluza Opatowice
- Stopień wodny Bartoszowice, Śluza Bartoszowice
- Przystań ZOO, Port STANICA, Port RANCZO
- Przystań Zwierzyniecka, Most Zwierzyniecki, Kanał Miejskiego
- Szczytniki Barrage, Szczytniki Lock
- Wyspiański Shore
- Ujście rzeki Oława, Port Węglowy, Odra Centrum
- Grunwaldzki Bridge
- Kanał Żeglugowy, Śluza Zacisze
- Boulevard of Lech and Maria Kaczyński
- Gondola Bay
- Boulevard of Xawery Dunikowski
- Włostowic boulevard
- Most Tumski, Mosty Młyńskiej
- Sand Bridge, the Tamka Island
- The upper barrage, Sand Lock
- Słodowa Island
- Most Uniwersytecki, Marina
- The lower barrage – Burgher’s Lock
- Mieszczański Stopień Wodny, Elektrownie wodne
- Port Miejski, Kępa Mieszczańska
- Stopień wodny Różanka, Śluza Różanka
- Barrage Psie Pole, The City Lock
- Most Milenijny, Zimowisko Barek Osobowice 1
- Port Popowice
- Zimowisko Barek Osobowice 1
- Stocznia Kozanów
- Stopień wodny Rędzin, Śluzy Rędzin
- Home page
See also our Partner: www.WroclawNadOdra.pl [eng]