Odra Trail – Boulevard of Lech and Maria Kaczyński 
The building of the Lower Silesian Governor’s Office (formerly the New Regency), takes almost the entire space between Most Pokoju and Most Grunwaldzki bridges and is an example of the monumental architecture of the Third Reich. The construction of the four-wing building with three courtyards and 800 rooms was begun in 1939. Earlier – from 1864 to the beginning of the twentieth century – in this place operated one of the four gasworks in the city. It was located on a square between two rivers, Odra and Oława (which than had a different flow), and the fortifications of the New Town. Due to strategic location of the square, it served as a store for timber sent down Odra for centuries.
Since the second half of the nineteenth century, on the wharf operated one of many passenger harbours offering steamer cruises up the Odra river to popular etablissements, that is private entertainment and recreation points placed there. The most famous etablissements were located near Bartoszowice. One of the main destinations of the Sunday tours of Wrocław inhabitants was Wilhelmshafen (Wilhelm Harbour) with riverside terraces and a large restaurant.
The wharf, since 2013 called the Boulevard of Lech and Maria Kaczyński, was modernised in 2016. Thanks to the footbridge for pedestrians and cyclists, placed under Most Pokoju bridge, it is an integral part of Odra promenade. Placed here is a harbour for mooring ships, and a huge pouffe that offers a place to sit down and watch Odra river and skyline of the right-bank part of the city.
Until the end of the Second World War, on the opposite bank of the river, then called Ufferstrasse that is Nadbrzeżna Street (today F.Joliot-Curie Street), operated another passenger harbor. Dense housing of the street was completely destroyed during the war. In the 60s, on the shore began construction of university campus. Near the Most Pokoju built was University Library, architecture of which loosely refers to the building of the Governer’s Office.
You work on land, rest on water.
Advertising board on the Central Railway Station in Wrocław, early 70s. of the 20th century
- Stopień wodny Opatowice, Śluza Opatowice
- Stopień wodny Bartoszowice, Śluza Bartoszowice
- Przystań ZOO, Port STANICA, Port RANCZO
- Przystań Zwierzyniecka, Most Zwierzyniecki, Kanał Miejskiego
- Szczytniki Barrage, Szczytniki Lock
- Wyspiański Shore
- Ujście rzeki Oława, Port Węglowy, Odra Centrum
- Grunwaldzki Bridge
- Kanał Żeglugowy, Śluza Zacisze
- Boulevard of Lech and Maria Kaczyński
- Gondola Bay
- Boulevard of Xawery Dunikowski
- Włostowic boulevard
- Most Tumski, Mosty Młyńskiej
- Sand Bridge, the Tamka Island
- The upper barrage, Sand Lock
- Słodowa Island
- Most Uniwersytecki, Marina
- The lower barrage – Burgher’s Lock
- Mieszczański Stopień Wodny, Elektrownie wodne
- Port Miejski, Kępa Mieszczańska
- Stopień wodny Różanka, Śluza Różanka
- Barrage Psie Pole, The City Lock
- Most Milenijny, Zimowisko Barek Osobowice 1
- Port Popowice
- Zimowisko Barek Osobowice 1
- Stocznia Kozanów
- Stopień wodny Rędzin, Śluzy Rędzin
- Home page
See also our Partner: www.WroclawNadOdra.pl [eng]